Pages

Friday, 11 September 2015

The Red Pyramid by Nhial C





The Red Pyramid

ISBN 978-0-141-35039-4

By Rick  Riordan

ages (10-15) Recommend

I chose this book because it looked fascinating on the cover and sounded good when I read the beginning. At first it didn't really grip me until I read more. The middle part made it become interesting as I found out all of the crazy stuff that was happening.

Carter and Sadie Kane's Dad is a brilliant Egyptologist. He has a secret plan that goes horribly wrong. An explosion shatters the ancient Rosetta stone and unleashes Seth,the evil  god of chaos magic.

Seth is in prison, Dr Kane is in a golden coffin and Carter and Sadie have to run for their lives. To save their Dad, they  must embark on terrifying quest from Cairo to Paris to the American South-west and discover the truth about their family's connection to the house of life, an Egyptian temple of magic that existed over one thousand years.

Then Seth unleashes demons from the underworld to release the great storm and fulfil his master plan to make the modern world into his evil world so he can rule it forever. Carter and Sadie must challenge Seth to restore the world and save their dad.  

This book is fascinating and full of action. People who like Egyptian history would enjoy reading this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment