Pages

Thursday, 10 September 2015

Purple Sluggy Worry Warts by Joe M


Purple Sluggy Worry Warts

By Matt Kain

ISBN 978-0-330-51022-6

(Age) 7-13

This book is about two boys named Charlie and Jez who bought  a box of highly dangerous tricks and Worry Warts from Quentin Quirk's Magic works. In the box, there was an unexpected surprise. Charlie came up with an idea of entering the tricks into the talent contest to beat Francesca and win the money.

A lot of troubles come to Jez and Charlie's way while trying to win the talent contest. When they're getting ready for the talent contest, Francesca tries to ruin their hopeful chances of winning by scattering the tricks across the room. It takes a lot to find their tricks again.

I personally chose this book because of the blurb and front cover. It wasn't as good as I would of hoped but I enjoyed it anyway.

I would rate this book 7/10 because I like the story but  it was too short and the author could have made the story a bit more about The Worry Warts.

I recommend this book for children aged 7-13 because of the font size and the type of characters and it still could be for older ages like 12 and 13.

Overall, I think this book is for kids who like strange stories because it is the strangest book I have ever read and there are strange characters and objects. I recommend this or other books by Matt Kain to be read by both genders. 




3 comments:

  1. i think i would read that book . im going to borow it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job joeey THIS BOOK LOOKS INTERESTING AND GROSS

    ReplyDelete