Pages

Friday, 4 September 2015

The Chronicles of Narnia,The Magicians Nephew by Nina S

                         

                       

The Chronicles of Narnia,The magician's nephew

Author       C.S.Lewis                                   Illustrator    Pauline Baynes

ISBN 0-26-167046-8

(Ages 10 - 14) recommended

The Magician's Nephew is an adventure type of book.When I read The Magician's Nephew it was nothing like I imagined. I thought it would be one of those dragging on books. It also has its funny moments like most books do.

The Chronicles of Narnia is about a little girl called Polly who sees another little boy at a house next door where there lived a grumpy old couple. They decide to get to know each other. Polly found out that the little boys name was Digory. As the days go by, they grow a better relationship.

Together they adventure through lots of  places, one of there favourites is inside the roof of  their houses.One day they decide to go to another house but they end up in Digory's uncle's forbidden study where Polly gets persuaded into touching a pretty ring. Digory then goes after her and finds himself in a forest with pools and Polly.What will happen next? Will they get back home? Read and find out in The Chronicles of Narnia,The Magicians Nephew.

Favourite line/quote:"Silence sir, " Uncle Andrew said, bringing his hand down on the table. "I will not be talked to like that by little, dirty, school boy. You don't understand. I am the great scholar, the magician, the adept, who is doing the experiment. Of course I need subjects to do it on. Bless my soul you'll be telling me next that I ought to have asked the guinea-pigs' permission before I used them!


7 comments:

  1. i will definitely read that book

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Nina I am going to be borrowing that book soon because of the review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your review Nina its got so much detail in it. I love the last bit with the Favorite line. when you return that book reserve it under my name.OKAY :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your review Nina its got so much detail in it. I love the last bit with the Favorite line. when you return that book reserve it under my name.OKAY :)

    ReplyDelete